Ted is responsible for EY’s global technology and transformation practices focused on Life Insurance, Annuities and Group Benefits. He has spent the past twenty years partnering with leading carriers and solution providers to modernize and digitally transform how we buy and service individual and group insurance contracts. He is passionate about our business and looks forward to a future where the experience for customers, producers and associates rivals that of the most modern, digital industries.
Throughout his career, he has helped carriers provide innovative products and solutions, while addressing legacy challenges that make it difficult for carriers to take advantage of digital investments. He have depth in both technology and business operations, and has spent years in both the individual and group insurance markets. Common challenges that he has helped address during his career include:
- Modernizing core operating environments, including developing strategies for enhancing and consolidating policy administration systems, implementing leading solutions, enhancing legacy integration and data architectures, and converting legacy platforms to new environments
- Transforming the new business process, leveraging modern solutions and analytics to reduce the time needed to deliver a policy from days, weeks or months to minutes
- Increasing connectivity between group carriers and employers and employees, providing a more seamless experience for new business, billing, and claims, including leave and absence management
- Evaluating and selecting leading technologies for carriers to partner with as they progress through digital transformation, including core systems such as new business, policy administration, claims, billing and compensation, innovative technologies such as low code/no code, and the latest in fintech solutions
- Defining future state business and technology architectures that take advantage of the latest in integration, data and cloud environments
- Developing strategies for and Implementing next wave technologies, such as distributed ledger and blockchain, that provide opportunities to further transform how the insurance industry operates
He is excited for what the future holds for our industry, and looks forward to partnering with you to drive the change that is needed to provide the modern, digital experience that is needed to accelerate growth and meet the demands of customers and producers today, and for years to come.